Sunday 9 December 2012

The Metaphorical Boat's Top Songs of 2012 - Number One


And after a week of counting down, we finally reach the one song that shone the brightest for me in 2012. The ace in the pack, the leader of the gang, a rather good egg etc. And I can now reveal that The Metaphorical Boat's top song of 2012 is...
 
1. The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - Heart Attack
 

 You've got me head over heels on gasoline
You know how it feels, like nicotine
Head over heels you raise your flag
Come on bang, bang, bang, give me heart attack

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - pop is not a dirty word. Which is why I'm glad that the song that I have judged to be the best of 2012 that is absolutely brimming with pop goodness. "Heart Attack" by Danish duo The Asteroids Galaxy Tour is the sort of joyous tune that make you either glad to be young, or pine for your youth. It's smartly produced, with an infectious keyboard riff, a vocalist (Mette Lindberg) who is absolutely brimming with attitude, and an effective dual-chorus that builds to a satisfying conclusion. The Asteroids Galaxy Tour are a group who have discovered the formula to the near-perfect pop song, and "Heart Attack" is the captivating proof.

And as we end this epic journey of The Metaphorical Boat's top songs comes to an end, all that's left to do is for the chart topping artist to play us out. Take it away, Asteroids Galaxy Tour




No comments:

Post a Comment