Tuesday 2 August 2011

We Cut Corners - Go Easy




I really wish I knew what 'I woke you up with a communist kiss' actually means, but when it comes from the mouth of Dublin based indie band, We Cut Corners, it makes some sort of odd sense.

"Go Easy" is taken from their forthcoming album "Today I Realised I Could Go Home Backwards", and sees the band taking a cute-with-a-bite approach to indie music, with gorgeous harmonies and sweet instrumentation that counterbalance the rather sinsiter lyrics.

The song is available to download for free on their website.

2 comments:

  1. I think 'communist kiss' may have something to do with a cheek kiss...like the way people great each other in Europe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the song (based on the video) is about a Polyandrous relationship (3 or more people dating each other) and that communist kiss is to say you both get the same amount of attention. It also makes sense with "Go easy on us." The songs about someone getting fed up with the Polyandrous life style and wants something deeper with just one of the members

    ReplyDelete